Are you an academic library liaison in Virginia? Do you want to hear from and meet liaisons across disciplinary boundaries? Are you looking for no-cost virtual networking and professional development opportunities? Come to the Liaison Get Together!
This event will occur on March 16, 2021, from 10:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. It is a free opportunity for liaisons across the Commonwealth to gather and learn about what’s going on with liaisonship, in Virginia and further afield. We hope to see you there, so that we can all learn from each other and identify commonalities and common needs among our community of liaisons.
We seek your attendance, lightning talks, and short presentations. Sign up to attend and share your thoughts. We welcome your ideas about all aspects of liaisonship. Possible topics might include:
- How have you succeeded or struggled to liaise during COVID-19?
- How can liaisonship be more inclusive? How do inclusion, diversity, and equity challenges impact your liaison work?
- What strategies, or tools make your liaison work easier?
- Which library organizations or conferences deliver value for your work as a liaison?
- What ideas do you have about the future or past of liaisonship?
- What challenges do you see in liaisonship in the next few years?
Hosted by VCU Libraries, the Liaison Get Together will be offered over Zoom. Please register, so we can know many people to expect and can send you reminders with the URL to join us on the day of the event. For more information or special accommodations, or if you can’t make this get together but would like to be added to our mailing list, please do not hesitate to contact Bettina Peacemaker at firstname.lastname@example.org.