Meeting held via Zoom. Attendees included: Will Weaver, Chair (Reynolds), Samantha Guss (UR), Molli Gonzalez (Tyler), Dora Byrd Rowe (UPS)
- Primarily a brainstorming session to discuss possibly project ideas and catch up RALC happenings; all meeting attendees introduced themselves and described their professional roles
- Will highlighted the process for joining RALC listserv and also the RALC website (in order to receive alerts when new posts are made)
- The idea was brought up to periodically notify your home institution about joining RALC listserv and site. This also extends to new staff that may be unfamiliar with RALC; Samantha suggested an email template that could even be shared with rest of committee.
- Discussed the larger philosophical question of what our role is within RALC and ways we can better define that roll; perhaps discussing with larger executive team
- Discussed the upcoming book roundtable event that the Prof Development committee is organizing; the Outreach committee will be ready to promote and advertise such event once dates and details have been released
- Discussed possibility of publishing the RALC exe. Committee agenda on the site to help the wider community stay informed of discussions
- Will reemphasized that institutions can continue to forward events, news, job announcements to post on website.
- Discussed the possibility of soliciting feedback from larger RALC exec committee about any other projects they might want Outreach committee to pursue.
- Molli reminded committee of upcoming Tyler name change to Brightpoint